Tuna Salad Wrap
Recipe: Tuna Salad Wrap
- 1 can La Sirena tuna in water, drained
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 tablespoons dried chives or chervil
- 2-4 tablespoons nonfat mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons nonfat cream cheese
- 4 well-dried leaves of leafy green lettuce slightly smaller than a tortilla
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 sprigs fresh mint, cilantro, or flat-leaf parsley
- In small bowl, combine tuna, carrot, celery, green pepper, chives and enough mayonnaise to make a moist (but not wet) salad. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- On each tortilla, spread a thin layer of cream cheese (about 1 tablespoon) across the center two-thirds of tortilla’s surface, leaving a 2-inch margin along edges. Center 1 lettuce leaf on top of each tortilla. Press leaf into cream cheese. Spread one-fourth of the tuna salad firmly over each lettuce leaf, leaving a 2-inch margin at top and bottom of each tortilla. Sprinkle one-fourth of cheese over each tortilla and top with sprig of fresh mint or other fresh herb.
- Fold the bottom of the tortilla up to cover the top of the filling. Fold in the two sides a quarter-inch. Roll tortilla up, holding side folds in. Roll wraps tightly and as firmly as possible to ensure packets stays closed. Tightly seal each in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve or pack. Wraps made without wet ingredients can keep for 24 hours or more without getting soggy.